JOIN OUR TEAM
The Dressember Foundation is currently seeking a Part Time or Full Time Development Director in LOS ANGELES to join the team and manage the cultivation and development of donors, corporate giving, events, and campaign giving.
The Dressember Foundation currently operates in the US with participants in 30+ countries. Our community of advocates have shown that #youcandoanythinginadress, by raising over $5MM in roughly 5 years.
The Development Director is responsible for planning, organizing, and directing all of Dressember’s fundraising including a monthly recurring donor program, the Dressember campaign, major and corporate gifts, planned giving and special events. The Director works closely with the CEO and the Board of Directors in all development and fundraising endeavors.
We are open to both Part-Time and Full-Time applicants, and our ideal candidate is in the LA area and able to meet in person, on a weekly basis at minimum. The ideal candidate will be able to work individually as a disciplined, self starter, as well as in a team-based environment. S/he will be an innovative thinker, a passionate professional, with a positive, can-do attitude.
- Meet with prospective donors and supporters on a continual basis to establish and build relationships
- Grow a major gifts program including identification, cultivation, and solicitation of major donors
- Oversee grant partner relationships including reporting requirements
- Build a planned giving program with a focus on deferred gifts such as bequest expectancies
- Direct campaigns including mailings, monthly giving, and annual campaign
- Coordinate fundraising events
- Oversee prospect research
- Make public appearances/accept speaking engagements and interviews to share information about Dressember with the community
- Attend quarterly board meetings when requested
- Oversee fundraising database and data analysis
- Supervise and collaborate with other fundraising staff
- Oversee creation of publications to support fundraising activities (ie, annual report)
- Create and maintain gift recognition programs
- Perform other related duties as requested
Desired Skills & Experience
- Embraces the mission of the Dressember Foundation
- Strong interpersonal and writing skills
- Has 3+ years experience in fundraising, particularly major gift fundraising and/or corporate sponsorship
- Self starter and goal driven; excited to initiate donor contact by phone and in person
- Highly organized and exhibits follow through on tasks and goals
- Positive, “can do” attitude, shows concern for people and community
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws. All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
Competitive/commensurate with experience and other qualifications
If you believe you have the necessary qualifications and experience for this role, please send a cover letter, and resume to email@example.com. Applications accepted on a rolling basis until the role is filled.